Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Unix storage solution

I've been lax in updating my blog lately, mainly due to lack of Internet access at my apartment since we've moved to Tokyo. It is nice and all that I have a variety of high-speed Internet service providers to choose from, but it would be really great if any of them could actually hook up my service is less than a month. :(

Anyway, until I get my own Internet service, I've been "borrowing" access via an open AP with a signal just strong enough that I can associate if I stand right next to my window. Sitting is no good; I have to have the laptop pretty high in the air to get a signal. As you can imagine, I've been reluctant to get on the Internet any more than I have to.

That said, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share a surprising Unix storage solution I discovered today. Actually, my wife picked it up unintentionally while shopping at the Don Quixote across the street...


I kid you not, these are cheap little plastic refrigerator storage boxes. I couldn't believe my eyes when she showed them to me. Now if I could only find ones that said "FreeBSD" and "Linux" I'd be set on souvenirs the next time I go back to the U.S.

No comments: